Our team in the Metro OB/GYN skincare department goes beyond conventional treatments to restore your healthy and youthful glow without using a single laser—only targeted light technology.
Photofacials are safe, non-invasive treatments that use intense pulsed light (IPL) to safely and effectively combat various signs of aging and other skin damage, like:
- Age spots
- Sun damage
- Brown spots and freckles
- Broken capillaries
- Rosacea and general redness
- Spider veins
- Unwanted body and facial hair
Using the top technology in our skincare departments, Metro OB/GYN promises deep skin rejuvenation with noticeable results after your first treatment.
Treatments using IPL Technology
Despite the term “intense,” IPL treatment is gentle, extremely versatile, and easy to customize to treat a single issue or to address multiple problems simultaneously.
IPL technology uses high-intensity pulses of broadband light to reach deep into the skin to activate the natural healing processes without actually harming the surface area.
During an IPL photofacial, our experienced skin care technicians use a light-emitting device to target specific skin concerns. When the pigment cells in your skin absorb the light energy, it turns to heat and immediately attacks the treatment area to destroy the damaged outer layer.
This process boosts collagen and elastin production, shedding to reveal a new layer of vibrant, supple skin without painful procedures, needles, or harsh treatments.
The Difference Between IPL And Laser Treatments
IPL treatments are similar to laser treatments, but there is one key difference: while laser therapy delivers a single wavelength of light energy, IPL delivers multiple wavelengths, like a photo flash.
Different wavelengths of light means we can use IPL to treat larger areas of skin in a shorter time using an approach less intense than traditional laser therapy.
The Benefits of Photofacials and IPL Treatments
- Highly effective, safe, and FDA-approved to treat any site on the body
- Versatile and customized to every patient’s specific needs
- Range of wavelengths makes it uniquely ideal to treat large areas of skin with various marks or discoloration
- Zero downtime required after Simple 30-60 minute treatments
- Gradual improvement in tone and texture with a visible decrease of redness, dark spots, fine lines, and pores after consecutive treatments
- Can be complemented with other non-surgical procedures, like Botox and fillers
Schedule a consultation with one of our skincare technicians to learn more about the versatility of IPL photofacial treatments and how they can help you achieve a new layer of healthy skin.
DETROIT'S PREMIUM CLINIC
As Featured In...